Mode C is as much for Calvin as it is for Chaos, as much for Cool as it is for Cold, as much for Class as it is for Crass.

Mode C is a way of life, the Calvin way of life which I am so fascinated by as to keep trying to make it my own way of life. But what exactly is Calvin's way of life, you ask...and I say that there are no clear answers to this one.

I strongly believe, however, that almost all the seriously critical fundamental concepts of life, they are just the bogies under Calvin's bed that he is afraid of. Everyhting else...Miss Wormwood, Susie, Mom and Dad, and of course above all, Hobbes...aren't they all merely the means that he uses to attack these bogies?

It is nothing, therefore, but the perspective of each of these players on the stage of Calvin's dramatic life that helps him fight these bogies and move on in his own unique way...listening to all but doing only what finally makes sense to his own individuality. This is what comes closest, I guess, to the Calvin way of leading one's life...

Monday, May 03, 2004

One long day


Another day passes with neither news nor immediate hope of the IIMK results. It is strange, the way this thing has started getting a hold over me. Even after busying myself the whole of the weekend in finally completing the book, Lord of The Rings, I could not help thinking about what will happen.

And the dreams turned traitor, too. Instead of counting sheep as the normally normal people (that is, those who are not abnormally abnormal), I was counting the number of times I keyed in my test registration number on K's results site (There too, I lost the count, finally). I entered a wrong number every time but every time, I saw the Congratulations message being displayed. But Oh my treachorous dream! For the very last time, as soon as I entered my correct credentials, I saw what I was dreading and yet half expecting: Sorry! You have not been selected for PGP 2004-2006 at IIMK. This is not a judgement on your abilities and blah....

Yes, I know that it is not a judgement on my abilities and all that but wouldn't it have been all the better if I had been selected. But nothing to worry, Sonny Boy (as Bertie would have said in one of those PGW novels) because as my Mom keeps pointing out, it is the morning dream that's important. No matter how many times all other dreams make you count sheep (or keying-ins, as in my case), they are all helpless before the One. I was happily wandering in my BHU hostel when I woke up and taking this as sign of days to come, (no, I am not just ready to go back to BHU yet, but you know what I mean, don't you?) I guess that I might be in a good shape after all.

Today was going to be a long day, by all counts. As if thinking and dreading of the results was not enough, my OnSite Coordinator wants support tonight for the User Testing setup. Another matter it entirely is, that I was allowed to come to office late to compensate for staying late. And yet another matter it utterly and completely is, that I still chose to come to office early to beat the Chennai heat, and yet another matter it absolutely and convincingly is, that it rained the whole day today in Chennai (yes, you got that right, in Chennai). Just to add, I got drenched while coming to office, in fact, right at the office gates, so to say.

But the one good thing that happened today is this blog. I don't know how long I am going to keep at it. I don't know if it is just a fad that came to me after reading so many of K people's blogs. But still, here goes my two pence worth...

No comments: