Mode C is as much for Calvin as it is for Chaos, as much for Cool as it is for Cold, as much for Class as it is for Crass.

Mode C is a way of life, the Calvin way of life which I am so fascinated by as to keep trying to make it my own way of life. But what exactly is Calvin's way of life, you ask...and I say that there are no clear answers to this one.

I strongly believe, however, that almost all the seriously critical fundamental concepts of life, they are just the bogies under Calvin's bed that he is afraid of. Everyhting else...Miss Wormwood, Susie, Mom and Dad, and of course above all, Hobbes...aren't they all merely the means that he uses to attack these bogies?

It is nothing, therefore, but the perspective of each of these players on the stage of Calvin's dramatic life that helps him fight these bogies and move on in his own unique way...listening to all but doing only what finally makes sense to his own individuality. This is what comes closest, I guess, to the Calvin way of leading one's life...

Thursday, May 13, 2004

Closing of a chapter


One more chapter of my life closes today. I formally resigned from my job at Infosys just a few minutes back and believe it or not, I can not feel any difference. It is not just because I still have to drag myself in every morning for the next 20 odd days to office. It is not just because I will have to slog in office for some more days. And above all, it is certainly not because I am tired of people asking me about my interview experience at IIMK. It is just that I don't seem to get that enthusiasm going in me. It doesn't look like a big change to me...well, at least not yet. From reports by seniors and others who 'know', life at IIMK is going to be a real challenge as far as taking time out to sleep is concerned. Malini, one of my would-be class mates, says that she is trying to compensate by lazing around at her home this entire month and even the next. But at the same time, Prashant, one of the other guys who are leaving Infosys to join IIMK, wants to utilize this time in brushing up on accounting fundamentals...

As for me, I am certainly not going to study, despite what chimpx (why the x, though?) says about being ahead of the competition on Day Zero. I believe that there will be Days 1 to 365 to worry about that (it is another matter, however, that I may not worry about it even then) and a lot of other things. And the other thing, sleep, is also not within my grasp right now. Most probably, it never will be. For the next few days, at least till June 4 when I actually pack my bags and leave Chennai, it is going to be work for me. When I reach home, too, it will be pretty hectic with so many relatives and friends pouring in to see me for one last time (it really scares me to see the way they are treating this...my going to IIMK...as if it is my death knell or worse still, as if I am getting married).

Having volunteered for moderating the e-group of the 2006 IIMK batch, I really don't know what I am supposed to do. It is not that I know something that the seniors don't. At best, I might be at par with the average guy who is going to join IIMK this year, with a number of queries of his own. But I guess that Karan (the e-group owner and Student Council Coordinator at IIMK) must have had some purpose for that so I think that I will have to wait till he decides to let us lesser mortals know of our real purpose (aka Morpheus in The Matrix)...

5 comments:

Divya said...

Read ur blogs..... hmmm... you r going to have a good time at k....guarantee!!!!

Nitai said...

that is great Divya, coming from an ordinary (!!!) person like you :-)

Divya said...

very very funny!!!!

Nitai said...

Hey! I am not very very funny, guess you got my name wrong...The name is Utkarsh, Nitai Utkarsh...you must be talking about some other Funny Singh..
Anywayz, I was serious when I called you the ordinary person because that's what I am aiming to be at IIMK...if Gods and IIM Profs will it...hee hee

Divya said...

not to worry.... nitai utkarsh... but maintain the attitude you have right now, and you will succeed in your endevour... and like i said , someday manage to actually be called an ordinary person...(like i said , its not easy..)