Mode C is as much for Calvin as it is for Chaos, as much for Cool as it is for Cold, as much for Class as it is for Crass.

Mode C is a way of life, the Calvin way of life which I am so fascinated by as to keep trying to make it my own way of life. But what exactly is Calvin's way of life, you ask...and I say that there are no clear answers to this one.

I strongly believe, however, that almost all the seriously critical fundamental concepts of life, they are just the bogies under Calvin's bed that he is afraid of. Everyhting else...Miss Wormwood, Susie, Mom and Dad, and of course above all, Hobbes...aren't they all merely the means that he uses to attack these bogies?

It is nothing, therefore, but the perspective of each of these players on the stage of Calvin's dramatic life that helps him fight these bogies and move on in his own unique way...listening to all but doing only what finally makes sense to his own individuality. This is what comes closest, I guess, to the Calvin way of leading one's life...

Tuesday, May 11, 2004

Monday Blues!!


The whole of Sunday spent in watching all three parts of Lord of the Rings, I was completely spent yesterday. It seemed as if there was nothing to do, nothing to think of except the beard of Gandalf, the eyes of Ghollum or the sword of Aragorn. And to top it off, I got a throat infection and believe me, nothing like a throat infection to dampen your mood if you are not in one of your brightest. There I was, to my utter surprise and even contempt, thinking happily of going back to office on Tuesday. Monday being a holiday on account of elections, I couldn't even find any net cafe in the vicinity that could serve depressed junkies like me. Another dose of movies on HBO was what saved the day for me in the final run.

Above everything else (even the throat infection), I had this thought of wanting to check out the people who have joined the yahoo group for the batch of '06 at IIMK. I wanted to read more on the blogs of the seniors to know what they think of this period and whether any of them are nostalgic about it, seeing the enthu of us people (I found one nostalgic lady in Divya Iyer). But for all this, I had to wait till Tuesday, when I joined office again and had the world wide web at my disposal. Sometimes, I am seriously led to wonder as to what the world will come to if there is no internet. I guess the people who came much much before us thought the same of books. Information has, in deed, been fascinating right from the origin of time and the sources of information valued above all else.

2 comments:

Prithesh said...

Oh! so you were the one who was chatting up divya. btw everyone is nostalgic but it feels gr8 to move on. Now we are the seniors and b4 you know it, you would be in our shoes. :-)

Nitai said...

Not really...I did add up her name, though, thinking that she is a batchmate...but for some reason which I don't remember (The boss may have had a peek-o), did not start any conversation.