Mode C is as much for Calvin as it is for Chaos, as much for Cool as it is for Cold, as much for Class as it is for Crass.

Mode C is a way of life, the Calvin way of life which I am so fascinated by as to keep trying to make it my own way of life. But what exactly is Calvin's way of life, you ask...and I say that there are no clear answers to this one.

I strongly believe, however, that almost all the seriously critical fundamental concepts of life, they are just the bogies under Calvin's bed that he is afraid of. Everyhting else...Miss Wormwood, Susie, Mom and Dad, and of course above all, Hobbes...aren't they all merely the means that he uses to attack these bogies?

It is nothing, therefore, but the perspective of each of these players on the stage of Calvin's dramatic life that helps him fight these bogies and move on in his own unique way...listening to all but doing only what finally makes sense to his own individuality. This is what comes closest, I guess, to the Calvin way of leading one's life...

Wednesday, May 05, 2004

Rain Rain go away


The sun baked and water starved streets of Chennai have been receiving more water than they could have ever hoped for in the month of May. It has been raining cats and dogs for the past three days in Chennai and if weather reports are anything to go by, this will continue for another few days. Personally, the rain caught me yet again in the full. So there I was reaching office, fully wet from head to toe one more time.

I have started on the Spiderman novel and believe me, it is interesting. The only minus is that I am reading this after I saw the movie. It does take the fun out of reading, somewhat. The reader is not really able to identify with the events as they are told in the book. In fact, his mind wanders once too many to the events that are yet to come in the book but those that he has already seen in the movie. And that was how I was thinking of the Green Goblin even though I was reading the introductory scene of Harry and Norman Osborne. Pretty disturbing, eh?

Today is my Grand Father's birthday. He turns 79 today. I really am fortunate to have him by my side. He is my idol and even at this age, he is better than most people half his age. He is fit, is an active lawyer, tends his gardens himself and really good when it comes to talking to people. Whether it is the small farmer in the village or the highly qualified doctor from the nearby town, he has both of them interested with his conversation. Not only can he talk to them in their respective dialects, he can also talk sense to them. He knows what interests the doctor and at the same time, he can freely talk to the farmer about his problems. I just wish that I will have this ability myself some day. After all, I do carry his genes...

No comments: