Mode C is as much for Calvin as it is for Chaos, as much for Cool as it is for Cold, as much for Class as it is for Crass.

Mode C is a way of life, the Calvin way of life which I am so fascinated by as to keep trying to make it my own way of life. But what exactly is Calvin's way of life, you ask...and I say that there are no clear answers to this one.

I strongly believe, however, that almost all the seriously critical fundamental concepts of life, they are just the bogies under Calvin's bed that he is afraid of. Everyhting else...Miss Wormwood, Susie, Mom and Dad, and of course above all, Hobbes...aren't they all merely the means that he uses to attack these bogies?

It is nothing, therefore, but the perspective of each of these players on the stage of Calvin's dramatic life that helps him fight these bogies and move on in his own unique way...listening to all but doing only what finally makes sense to his own individuality. This is what comes closest, I guess, to the Calvin way of leading one's life...

Friday, May 07, 2004

IIMK...here I Come


What a day, what a day, and even if I repeat myself yet again, what a day...because it has been exactly that...what a day. I got through IIM Kozhikode first list and am all set to join the hallowed portals of an IIM in about two months from now. It is a strange feeling, refusing to sink in even now, though it has already been hours after the result came on the net today morning. I guess the best part was the surprise package that the IIMS threw. 

Only the results of IIMs Bangalore and Lucknow were expected to be released today but surprisingly, all the IIMs came out with their results and it was a riot. With results pouring in every half an hour, I had a hard time waiting. And then I got a call from my room-mate, Puneet, telling me that K results have come. (He made it to L though he missed out on B and K) I was so apprehensive that I almost stopped myself from opening the site but with all my colleagues looking from their desks in the cubicle, I finally dared to enter my registration number on the results page. And lo and behold! there it was. Congratulations! and that was all I needed. I almost whooped up ..well not almost..did really whoop up with joy and in a matter of seconds, half of my wing knew that there was something good that had happened with somebody in the corner cubicle.

Ravi, one of the people in my project, got through IIMs A,B, L and K and missed only C (which he could not convert) and I (for which he did not have a call). Well, that's what I call quality, but no, I am not cribbing. I am happy and satisfied with what has been given to me and I am sure that I have it in me to make the most of this and not only have a blast at IIMK but also make my stay there very, very fruitful. High hopes, eh? What say, seniors???

No comments: