Mode C is as much for Calvin as it is for Chaos, as much for Cool as it is for Cold, as much for Class as it is for Crass.

Mode C is a way of life, the Calvin way of life which I am so fascinated by as to keep trying to make it my own way of life. But what exactly is Calvin's way of life, you ask...and I say that there are no clear answers to this one.

I strongly believe, however, that almost all the seriously critical fundamental concepts of life, they are just the bogies under Calvin's bed that he is afraid of. Everyhting else...Miss Wormwood, Susie, Mom and Dad, and of course above all, Hobbes...aren't they all merely the means that he uses to attack these bogies?

It is nothing, therefore, but the perspective of each of these players on the stage of Calvin's dramatic life that helps him fight these bogies and move on in his own unique way...listening to all but doing only what finally makes sense to his own individuality. This is what comes closest, I guess, to the Calvin way of leading one's life...

Thursday, April 21, 2005

*yawn* Tired *yawn*

I could not produce much in the name of work yesterday but had the satisfaction of showing and getting hearty approval on the work that I had done so far. However, waiting for the people to be free, making fine adjustments in the presentation, getting misunderstood on a few points, appreciated on a few others, completely wiped off on some takes a toll. By the end of the day, although I had not done much real work, I was dead tired and when I left for PG, I was not thinking of anything at all...not even movies...I was blank and just wanted to go back and relax.

After Vikhyat's comment on my blog, I realized that it was Reddy's birthday the day before, which I missed...tried calling him but could not get through. In the process, I called up so many of my friends...was not feeling good at all so wanted to loosen myself up by talking to them...called up Nikhil, Amol, Abhijeet, Sweta, and Qaynat...but could not really get the rejuvenation I was looking for. Two of them commented on how jaded I was sounding and the others did not notice but what the hell, jaded I was and I just hope this does not go on today, as well. I have got to complete the work I have been doing and present it to the person coming from PwC US in the first week of May. That should be a challenge and I wish to be all geared up for it.

After a pathetic dinner at the BJ market (some rotten Paneer with equally rotten Rotis...or perhaps it was just me), I decided to fill my quota of movies for the day but that did not happen in full, either. The Godfather Part 3 was on, of course, after the two parts that I had gorged on yesterday but I could not manage another movie after it though it was quite early that the first one ended (about a quarter to midnight, I believe).

Anyways, as in the first two parts, Al Pacino was amazing in this movie, too. As for the rest of the cast, Andy Garcia impressed and I believe that he had studied the first two parts very carefully before enacting his role. He did look so much like the young Michael Corleone (that is, Al Pacino in the earlier versions of the movie). It is really interesting to be watching three movies made at different points in time but still presenting a story that is actually woven in a series, fitting oh-so-perfectly like pieces of a jigsaw puzzle.

People here do not seem to be really satisfied with the work that they are doing. It seems to most of them that they are not adding any specific value to their work by using any concepts learned during the one year of management study. In fact, they seem to be doing things that they could have done even before studying in a B-School. I don't know if I agree, though because for me, the work has been decent enough and though the HR word keeps coming up in my mind now and then, the project does entail using some MBA concepts, if not many...and who wants so many concepts anyway...

3 comments:

Chandoo said...

hi dude....

long time.. how is summers going. looks like you are having good fun...
me in mumbai, so far the work is chill.

Nitai said...

yup...been a long time, Chandoo and yes, summers is easy and comfortable, even if it may not really be fun...if you are put up at Wilson (which I guess most of the IIM guys in Bombay do), you must have met a lot of K guys.

Nitai said...

yup...been a long time, Chandoo and yes, summers is easy and comfortable, even if it may not really be fun...if you are put up at Wilson (which I guess most of the IIM guys in Bombay do), you must have met a lot of K guys.