Mode C is as much for Calvin as it is for Chaos, as much for Cool as it is for Cold, as much for Class as it is for Crass.

Mode C is a way of life, the Calvin way of life which I am so fascinated by as to keep trying to make it my own way of life. But what exactly is Calvin's way of life, you ask...and I say that there are no clear answers to this one.

I strongly believe, however, that almost all the seriously critical fundamental concepts of life, they are just the bogies under Calvin's bed that he is afraid of. Everyhting else...Miss Wormwood, Susie, Mom and Dad, and of course above all, Hobbes...aren't they all merely the means that he uses to attack these bogies?

It is nothing, therefore, but the perspective of each of these players on the stage of Calvin's dramatic life that helps him fight these bogies and move on in his own unique way...listening to all but doing only what finally makes sense to his own individuality. This is what comes closest, I guess, to the Calvin way of leading one's life...

Wednesday, April 20, 2005

I'll make you an offer you can't refuse

I think that my guide did not turn up yesterday or even if she did, she was too busy to be at her place anytime yesterday. Anyways, I had the option of lazing around for the entire day but contrary to my wont, I actually decided to do some work and some interesting work it finally ended in. As of now, I am still not sure if I have to prepare just the work flow of the processes in the company or the data flow or both. So, I decided to take the initiative and take up the work flow and data flow for the most complicated of processes, recruitment. I am now waiting to show it to my guide and my Project Manager so that they may be able to decide if we want either or both (or neither :-( ). I know that I may have put myself in a bad position and this might just result in actual work being thrust upon me, but I still feel that it was the least I could do. As for the work load and the rest of it, let's see...still a lot of time to think about it.

By the way, the DFD Context diagram turned out to be a real sweetie...perhaps the most complicated Powerpoint slide I have ever made. I just hope that the animation I have put in helps people to understand the thing and it is not rejected just because it appears too clumsy.

In addition to all the hard work, I had some value-adding surfing time, too. Just how value-adding it was can be guessed by the fact that half of the time, I was searching for the names of myself and friends over search engines to see what pops up. Something interesting did pop up when I searched for my name. It seems that the work that I did at JNCASR under Prof. CNR "God" Rao has actually got into a paper and got published in Materials Research Bulletin (look here). It is really a great honor, having a paper published as a co-author with one of the greatest contemporary scientists of the world (Prof. CNR Rao is our next Nobel hope).

Another place I could find myself was of course the MSDN article that I had contributed to, while in Infosys (look here). That one is also a big value-add, at least when I mention it in my CV...looks impressive ;-).

I just got to hear that my guide was in an induction program the whole day yesterday...anyways, whatever it was, I got free at 6 and left for my PG with an intent to watch my quota of two movies for the day...and watch I did. The Godfather is one hell of a movie and the way Al Pacino plays Michael Corleone is something that has to be seen to be believed. The legendary Marlon Brando, Al Pacino and the rest of the people in the two movies (yes, I watched the first and second parts yesterday...the third is on for today) were simply amazing.

They brought to life so vividly, the various colors in the life of people who don't think twice before murdering another but, all the same, are bound by the strictest of codes when it comes to their own families. The famous Sicilian code of revenge was in full display as the gangsters fought amongst themselves and all the while The Godfather, and his successor rose above it all to vanquish all those who dared to back stab or even speak against the Corleone family...man, am I speaking their tongue now...must have been a solid six hours that I spent watching the two movies so this is expected, too in a way.

Today should be a busy day, at least in comparison to the last couple of days where I may not have worked to my full potential (though I seriously doubt if I ever will). Anyways, got to meet my guide in a few minutes so got to leave...signing off till next time.

2 comments:

Yet Mortal said...

Hi there..

Nitai said...

Hi Chayan, good to see you here...keep coming if u want, that is :-)

BTW, how is campus...getting a bit nostalgic about it and actually missing it a little.