Mode C is as much for Calvin as it is for Chaos, as much for Cool as it is for Cold, as much for Class as it is for Crass.

Mode C is a way of life, the Calvin way of life which I am so fascinated by as to keep trying to make it my own way of life. But what exactly is Calvin's way of life, you ask...and I say that there are no clear answers to this one.

I strongly believe, however, that almost all the seriously critical fundamental concepts of life, they are just the bogies under Calvin's bed that he is afraid of. Everyhting else...Miss Wormwood, Susie, Mom and Dad, and of course above all, Hobbes...aren't they all merely the means that he uses to attack these bogies?

It is nothing, therefore, but the perspective of each of these players on the stage of Calvin's dramatic life that helps him fight these bogies and move on in his own unique way...listening to all but doing only what finally makes sense to his own individuality. This is what comes closest, I guess, to the Calvin way of leading one's life...

Sunday, February 27, 2005

Stepping in...gradually

I am absolved of my guilt. Her scars have healed and she has moved on to another person, another life and am I relieved! The past used to keep on re-appearing and coaxing me for all the wrongs I had done and the effect those wrongs would have had on her. Now that she is happy with someone else, I am happy in her happiness...yes, I know it is a little (or more than a little) cliched but that is how I feel and I can't do much about the way I feel, can I?

The dynamics of relationships on campus have gone into the forming stages and people seem to have found their niches and more importantly, found others who fit in those niches. In some instances, the discovery is joyous and publicly acknowledged while in others, there still exist some hesistations and stumbling blocks. I am not necessarily talking about only romatically linked couples here but it is also to do with friendships (groups of two or more) that seem to have gone past the acquaintance stages and survived the onslaught of mistrust and apprehensions.

As our batch tries to find its identity, the Batch of 2005 is all set to mark the exit scene. In fact, some of them have already left, some to be back for the convocation one last time and others not to return, not ever. One of the first ever freshers-dominated batches in the short history of IIMK, this batch has had many firsts to its name and then a few more. They have achieved a lot in their two years here and are leaving behind shoes that might as well turn out to be too big for our feet. Whether it be the multitude of competitions across B-schools through which they have got IIMK on the map (right from University Challenge Finals to inter-IIM Case Winners) or it be the excellent initiatives in terms of various seminars and industry interaction activities, these people have really been pioneers.

I still remember the first night when I met some of my seniors in the Chennai Alumni-Freshers meet. Hearing them talk about the entreprenuerial nature of the institute, I was skeptical but having seen what this batch has been able to do with the institute, I am sure that the batches to follow will have a hard time keeping up.

No comments: