Mode C is as much for Calvin as it is for Chaos, as much for Cool as it is for Cold, as much for Class as it is for Crass.

Mode C is a way of life, the Calvin way of life which I am so fascinated by as to keep trying to make it my own way of life. But what exactly is Calvin's way of life, you ask...and I say that there are no clear answers to this one.

I strongly believe, however, that almost all the seriously critical fundamental concepts of life, they are just the bogies under Calvin's bed that he is afraid of. Everyhting else...Miss Wormwood, Susie, Mom and Dad, and of course above all, Hobbes...aren't they all merely the means that he uses to attack these bogies?

It is nothing, therefore, but the perspective of each of these players on the stage of Calvin's dramatic life that helps him fight these bogies and move on in his own unique way...listening to all but doing only what finally makes sense to his own individuality. This is what comes closest, I guess, to the Calvin way of leading one's life...

Wednesday, February 23, 2005

It is in deed too much

This was probably one of the roughest and deepest of lean patches that I have gone through (just have a look at my photo on Aditya's blog to guess my state of affairs)...second only to the BIG one that had its effect this time around, too (as always)...but that is another story and a long one at that. If someone had told me a few days back (as people did) that things are bound to get better, I might not have believed them and just silently laughed them away. Given what else happened consecutively, I might have been right for all that the other person knew. Today, however, with most of the factors responsible for my dumping myself into the dumps (partially voluntarily and partially involuntarily) doing an about turn, I can only thank God for all the mercy that He has shown to me and my dear ones. I just hope that He forgives me for doubting Him when He was busy doing the best for me.

What I did learn from this patch was not how I can mitigate the effect of such patches on myself (I remain the binary one...she will at least smile if she reads this, I know). I learnt, however, that I have quite a lot of friends...quite a lot of people who stand by me...some say it in words, some say it with actions. I am sure that some of these people are reading this and for once (not once too often, I hope though), I want to use this blog as a communicating agent. I shall be doing you grave injustice if I name you or hint to your concern for me in any way, but all I want to say is that all of you know that I am talking about you and that I am really humbled by your care and concern for me and that I appreciate the whole of it and want to appreciate it by saying it loud and clear for each one of the small things that you people did...asking me about my problems...cheering me up even if you were down...trying to take me away from my little world of worries.

As for the other things, there have been quite a lot of them happening on campus. There are some things that I should not be talking about and some that I should be. I wonder how true can I be to this blog after this but any future posts on this blog concerning real people and places shall be as objective as possible...plain facts and no opinions. As for my take on things, it will be more introspective and more factual...so all those looking for masala can find alternative sources :-)

The other BIG thing that happened was that I got selected for the International Student Exchange Program of IIMK and I shall be going to ESCP-EAP, Paris for Term 5. It does sound like a big thing but given the number of applicants for it, it is not really an achievement but more of an opportunity. I am still wondering about the validity of my decision about the opportunity part, as well. As I had also mentioned in my Statement of Purpose submitted with the application, I do want to see how these people outside teach and conduct business, but all the same, I don't really know if it will be entirely possible to be done in a way that adds value to me as a person and as a professional. There are lateral placements to be considered, too that I will be missing...one of the reasons why not too many of our experience-rich batch applied for the program in the first place.

And then of course, there is our annual festival Backwaters, which for all the worthless contribution that I might be capable of, is likely to suffer for want of one member. We are planning something really good this time and I just hope that I shall be able to be a part of it in some way or the other.

2 comments:

indiageniE said...

well..ur snap on my blog certainly show any lean or ruff patch..
just two ppl having a rockin and swaying ;-) good time

Nitai said...

certainly shows or does not show...did not get your comment right, I guess.

Anyways, good riddance!