Mode C is as much for Calvin as it is for Chaos, as much for Cool as it is for Cold, as much for Class as it is for Crass.

Mode C is a way of life, the Calvin way of life which I am so fascinated by as to keep trying to make it my own way of life. But what exactly is Calvin's way of life, you ask...and I say that there are no clear answers to this one.

I strongly believe, however, that almost all the seriously critical fundamental concepts of life, they are just the bogies under Calvin's bed that he is afraid of. Everyhting else...Miss Wormwood, Susie, Mom and Dad, and of course above all, Hobbes...aren't they all merely the means that he uses to attack these bogies?

It is nothing, therefore, but the perspective of each of these players on the stage of Calvin's dramatic life that helps him fight these bogies and move on in his own unique way...listening to all but doing only what finally makes sense to his own individuality. This is what comes closest, I guess, to the Calvin way of leading one's life...

Friday, August 13, 2004

With malice towards one and all


What is the meaning of such a controversial blog?

How can he be so stupid?

It is silly, that's what it is...

He should not have taken people's names

He is a sore loser

The guy doesn't know what he is doing...the pervert

The things might have happened, alright but why the heck did he put that in black and white?

What does he want to achieve from this?

Who is he...some sort of saviour who is going to deliver us all?

I never expected this of him...what with the silent image that he has...how can he be so bitter?

Why is the guy so angry...it's because he lost the elections, isn't it?

What was the need to poiliticize everything?

What is he, Mr goody-two-shoes?

This will bring a bad name to IIMK...people will now know that IIM people are immature!!!

He could have waited for another day...let things cool down

I am an elite king maker...yippee...you need to pay to join my elite group

I hope you are not a king maker if we are going to consider you for the Placement Committee

How did he miss my name? I was equally important in making of the king :-)

When I read it first, I was very angry and didn't even want to talk about it but when I read it again, I realised that it was really funny.

I am a Bihari...how can he label me as a part of the Bombay gang?

Does he assume that we (Delhi gang) are fools enough to trade three votes for one???

He knows that his blogs are read by many...he must be more responsible before writing down such things


These are just some of the comments that my previous blog entry received...directly, that is, people who were men enough to come and tell things to my face...and indirectly, that is as part of the dinner table/canteen conversations.

By the way, if any one was expecting a justification or even went as far down the line as expecting an apology for my previous post, I am sorry to disappoint the person. If anything, the intent behind writing the article has been bolstered by the comments that the article has received...both direct as well as indirect.

2 comments:

Somas said...

nitai,
how could you compromise the ideal of free speech? disappointed and sorry that pressure forced you to put down your own creation.
somas

Nitai said...

Like I did with the earlier comments, I did not want to reply to this one, either. However, I must make this clear that whatever I wrote had no purpose other than recording the events that happened, for posterity. I had no intention to pass judgements on what happened or say that I am the one who is going to deliver us of all evils. The post was a record, and had no other significance for me.

However, some people did attach undue importance to the post that created an issue out of nothing. I know that they are not justified and no threat could have made me change my mind or buckle under the so-called pressure.

But again, I respect the sentiments of these individuals, too and since there was a sincere request from one of them, and anyway, it is not such a big deal, not going to matter one way or the other...I decided to take this step.

BTW Somas, disappointed and sorry that you could not see the purpose behind the action :-)