Mode C is as much for Calvin as it is for Chaos, as much for Cool as it is for Cold, as much for Class as it is for Crass.

Mode C is a way of life, the Calvin way of life which I am so fascinated by as to keep trying to make it my own way of life. But what exactly is Calvin's way of life, you ask...and I say that there are no clear answers to this one.

I strongly believe, however, that almost all the seriously critical fundamental concepts of life, they are just the bogies under Calvin's bed that he is afraid of. Everyhting else...Miss Wormwood, Susie, Mom and Dad, and of course above all, Hobbes...aren't they all merely the means that he uses to attack these bogies?

It is nothing, therefore, but the perspective of each of these players on the stage of Calvin's dramatic life that helps him fight these bogies and move on in his own unique way...listening to all but doing only what finally makes sense to his own individuality. This is what comes closest, I guess, to the Calvin way of leading one's life...

Thursday, August 26, 2004

I am hap...hap...happy...


The mystery is solved, finally. I know who has been reading my blog from the faculty building. I just hope that Dr. Sarkar realises that whatever I do write about him or any body else from the faculty or student community is just my personal opinion and that again, more than being judgemental, is actually perceptive (you know, writing the report for OB has taught me the difference between the two :-))

Well, as the topic mentions, I am happy and more than that, satisfied with the way things have been shaping up. Priya (my little sis) is settled and happy at her institute and is considering a distance MBA from IMT Ghaziabad to supplement her course in footwear design and management. By the time both of us pass out, despite the one and a half year difference between us (me being the big bro), here is a brief comparison of what I will possess in terms of education and what she has laid her hands on. As for me, I am just a B.Tech and hopefully will be a PGDM holder in the coming years (not too many years, though, I hope). When it comes to her, I will have to leave the commas and go to the list format. Priya is a
BBA
B Com
Natya Visharad....or something (basically a graduate in Kathak)
Sangeet Visharad...or that same thing above
PGDFDM (Post Graduate Diploma in Footwear Design and Management) holder
PGDBM (Post Graduate Diploma in Business Management) holder


Hey kiddo, if you ever read this, I just want to say that I am really proud of you and your rakhi and card have made my day and I feel myself at the top of the world again...lest it skips your mind, just don't forget to return my walkman, music CDs, and all other things that you have stolen...robbed off me :-)

I got another letter...this one from my mother...a letter written in real ink on real paper...after about six-seven years. With phone conversations almost every other night, there was hardly any occassion for her to write me one. It is because of this reason and many more, Maa, that this letter has been truly special for me.

As if the things above were not enough to enthuse a guy enough, I found out that I have done decently in my mid terms, too....ok ok, before some of my batchmates kill me...a little more than decently in the mid terms. Let's see what I have got in three out of the six papers for which we had examinations...33 out of 40 in accounts...41 out of 50 in Quants...94 out of 100 in Microeconomics...and I must say that I couldn't have expected better. As far as the other three subjects are concerned, I have absolutely no idea about where I stand. Given the subjective nature of the papers, perhaps I would prefer the status quo

When I wrote my previous post, I missed out on a major aspect of what happened at IIMK over the past weekend. It was the foundation day programme presided over by none other than Mr Subeer Raha, the CEO of ONGC, one of the largest companies of India, and even the world. Mr. Raha, in his foundation address, spoke about the challenges being faced by India as a nation. He put them at ten major or macro factors which could be broken into thousands of micro factors and an equal number of opportunities for people from institutes like IIMK to prove their worth and give back to the society and the tax payer who have given them so much in the first place. Well, what he did speak was quite relevant to the present situation but there were many in the crowd who had different expectations from the CEO of such a big company and were a tad disappointed when the speech veered off to what has been discussed above. However, what he spoke did make such a lot of sense, if we do apply the philosophy for which IIMK has always stood.

For the past few days, there have been occassions and happenings that have posed a few concerns with the student body and administration. The student council had a tough job to do...they not only had to make sure that nothing of the sort happens again and be forceful about it, but at the same time, they had to be democratic and not force the things that are going to happen in the future. They had to involve the junta in a decision that may not be liked at all and though I have never been inside a lion's den myself when the lion is hungry and lonely and the lioness has been AWOL...but I can feel your predicament somewhat...

Anupam, Atul, Mustu and Rohit...you guys did an amazing job. The presentation yesterday was as well-coordinated as it could be and the way you guys handled the entire stuff was absolutely fantastic. With such people as you and the immensely dedicated Place Com working towards the casue, I am sure that each one of us feels his fate secure in your hands. You people have a great responsibility...of not just making us and the IIMK name click and shine but more importantly, to keep the fabric and spirit of our batch together for the two years here and many more to come. Believe me when I say that the way you rose up to the responsibility yesterday has contributed immensely in making one individual feel happy about himself...if that is of any use to you.

2 comments:

gumnaam said...

man, you call that decent performance ? you just cracked the mid terms...!!! watz the secret of your success ?


no laptop,so only option to study...!!!

ab tera kya hoga be kaaliya ?

Nitai said...

I very much have a laptop now so let's see what happens in the future but forget that...first tell me who you are

gumnaam hai koi...badnaam hai koi