Mode C is as much for Calvin as it is for Chaos, as much for Cool as it is for Cold, as much for Class as it is for Crass.

Mode C is a way of life, the Calvin way of life which I am so fascinated by as to keep trying to make it my own way of life. But what exactly is Calvin's way of life, you ask...and I say that there are no clear answers to this one.

I strongly believe, however, that almost all the seriously critical fundamental concepts of life, they are just the bogies under Calvin's bed that he is afraid of. Everyhting else...Miss Wormwood, Susie, Mom and Dad, and of course above all, Hobbes...aren't they all merely the means that he uses to attack these bogies?

It is nothing, therefore, but the perspective of each of these players on the stage of Calvin's dramatic life that helps him fight these bogies and move on in his own unique way...listening to all but doing only what finally makes sense to his own individuality. This is what comes closest, I guess, to the Calvin way of leading one's life...

Saturday, August 14, 2004

An obituary to my post


If you come across a person who has been in the singularly unique habit of reading other people's blogs and has had, in the past two days, the chance to come across one which, for some reason, is called mode c, you will definitely be advised in your own interest to put a wager on being able to change the color of his face from pink to yellow.

For those who have problems in producing this coloring effect by the normal course of action, I would sincerely advise them to take my advice and just ask the fellow who wants a dye on his face to go and read my blog again. If he does so, the fellow with the soon-to-be-colored face will find a striking difference that will, if not anything, certainly fulfill his and in turn, your coloring objectives.

If you do follow the above actions to the tee and later, come and tell me that the plan has not worked, I am certainly going to view your eyes with a distinctive degree of interest (they are supposed to shift, you know...especially when a person is lying through the teeth).

I am not sure if amongst the numerous colors that would have come on the face of one who had seen my blog two days back and is again going to see the blog today, which one comes first out of the colors associated with shock, dismay, disgust, surprise, agony and such. However, I am sure that the chemistry teacher at the high school (or was it physics?) had done a good job when he had said that white light, when dispersed, forms VIBGYOR, out of which Y, if I remember the rhyme (had something to do with dirty fellows) correctly, stood for yellow.

And as for the dispersion of white light, I am sure that the teacher (by any chance...I was just wondering and all, but could it just have been...I mean does it have the teeiest weeniest of chances to be the history teacher???) had put me on his lap, given me five of the juiciest with his cane stick and whispered in my ear that whenever the rainbow is formed, it is because the white light has this uncanny habit of dispersing.

And as to the rainbow being formed, even a person of your intelligence will be able to see for yourself that this is the effect that will be the result when the blog is shown to the reader-who-came-yesterday-and-is-coming-again-today.

Since I have already hinted at your intelligence (which I did not want to do because of my particular habit of talking in tangibles), it wouldn't be further amiss to assume that you will now be putting your grey cells to the exercise by asking the question that, though obvious to the geniuses of the day and like, comes with the much exhausting mental exercise to the commoners like you and me. The question, as has come across after a strenuous mental exercise to yours truly, is 'What is it that is different in the blog?'.

Had my father heard of the question, he would have been proud of my analytical abilities and would have allowed me, as a reward, to get the measurements of the door that broke down last winter, and which needs a replacement. However, the question is not about fathers and doors but about the blogs and changes and I think that I am digressing. Since the question is here, the next thing the genius will pop up with (don't be disheartened if you hadn't thought of it, my poor little commoner) is the quest for an answer.

Well, for one, it is dead. Before you ask, Mr genius, if 'it' refers to the answer and raise questions hinting towards death-before-life, let me tell you that 'it' is my post about the SCon elections at IIMK and 'it' is dead. It is dead because one of my friends asked me to kill it. My friend asked me to kill it because he thought and earnestly believed that it was bringing a bad name to IIMK. I agreed to kill it because my friend was intelligent enough to shift from a moral standpoint, where the killing was more of a demand, to the personal and emotional standpoint, where the killing became a senti do-it-for-my-sake thing. I am not bothered in the least for it, the petty thing, at least not as much as to refuse a do-it-for-my-sake-thing, especially since it has already outlived its pupose (the redership of the blog has gone up by heaps and bounds...not that this was the purpose, though :-)).

Also, being close to the comoner when it comes to the grey stuff, I did not really understand the fuss that it had created and the mountain hill that was formed out of the mole was utterly beyond my comprehension. So it was, that I decided to give some free tips to the people who earn their livelihood by placing wagers on people's faces changing colors from pink to yellow...

4 comments:

Divya said...

That blog is 'yours'....that post was what 'you' felt, and thats eactly what a blog is meant to be for, convey what you feel... readers had nothing to do with its content... listening to them and killing it isn't exactly what you should have done either... in my opinion....

Prithesh said...

Hmmm........so u have killed 'it', was expecting something like this to happen!! No comments on whether killing it was right or not as you are free to do anything with your blog.

BTW, this is for everyone, IIMK is too big a name to be maligned by one post.

Ronald said...

Hope your batch can stand together and put an end to this repulsive, divisive political activity that is completely alien to our culture and atmosphere here at IIMK.
Also hope that the "Kingmakers" from your batch realise that their "candidates" who have come through from "vote-banks", picking of chits, etc lose all credibility in the eyes of the larger student community.

Nitai said...

God save me...now, what do I say to this?

Ron, I do sincerely hope so, too and you are right about the very visible chance of people losing credibility even though they may be capable.

Not much is there which I can say and which will convince all that what I did was not driven by any pressures of what the blog's readers think or feel. It was my own decision which was based on the sentiments of some people who may not have even read the post but actually felt strongly about it and its effect.

Yes Prithesh, I too feel strongly that IIMK is too big a thing to be affected by petty posts but then again, this is also not the reason for my killing 'it'.

To put it in a nutshell, I would say that neither of my writing and subsequent killing of the post was guided by anything else but my own feelings that were, I admit, affected by the contemporary happenings in the environment.