Mode C is as much for Calvin as it is for Chaos, as much for Cool as it is for Cold, as much for Class as it is for Crass.

Mode C is a way of life, the Calvin way of life which I am so fascinated by as to keep trying to make it my own way of life. But what exactly is Calvin's way of life, you ask...and I say that there are no clear answers to this one.

I strongly believe, however, that almost all the seriously critical fundamental concepts of life, they are just the bogies under Calvin's bed that he is afraid of. Everyhting else...Miss Wormwood, Susie, Mom and Dad, and of course above all, Hobbes...aren't they all merely the means that he uses to attack these bogies?

It is nothing, therefore, but the perspective of each of these players on the stage of Calvin's dramatic life that helps him fight these bogies and move on in his own unique way...listening to all but doing only what finally makes sense to his own individuality. This is what comes closest, I guess, to the Calvin way of leading one's life...

Tuesday, June 01, 2004

Working for free


I have been working for free once again, and that too during my last few days at Infy. I know that it may sound like cribbing but I am ready to challenge anyone who says that they love working and that too, with the knowledge that they will be leaving the company for good in another three days.

I got the letter from IIMK today and it does require a lot of things for me to do. The difficult things seem to be the Work Experience Certificate and the Medical Fitness Certificate that has to be bribed out of some Government Doctor. I guess that Papa, as usual, will want to take care of all this and ask me to just have fun. This time however, I have decided that I will share the burden (as if it is somebody else's load) and do something on my own, too.

In the long telephonic chat with Nani yesterday, I started to feel really home sick. With four more days to touchdown, I am really becoming impatient. Shanu, my cousin, was telling me about the plans that the entire cousin gang has already made regarding my arrival and stay. They have picked up the movies that we will be watching, the places we will be visiting (what with the new car that Mananmama has bought) and the restaurants where they will suck the last drop of cash out of me. I am really missing them and want to be there as soon as possible and even earlier.

No comments: