Mode C is as much for Calvin as it is for Chaos, as much for Cool as it is for Cold, as much for Class as it is for Crass.

Mode C is a way of life, the Calvin way of life which I am so fascinated by as to keep trying to make it my own way of life. But what exactly is Calvin's way of life, you ask...and I say that there are no clear answers to this one.

I strongly believe, however, that almost all the seriously critical fundamental concepts of life, they are just the bogies under Calvin's bed that he is afraid of. Everyhting else...Miss Wormwood, Susie, Mom and Dad, and of course above all, Hobbes...aren't they all merely the means that he uses to attack these bogies?

It is nothing, therefore, but the perspective of each of these players on the stage of Calvin's dramatic life that helps him fight these bogies and move on in his own unique way...listening to all but doing only what finally makes sense to his own individuality. This is what comes closest, I guess, to the Calvin way of leading one's life...

Saturday, June 12, 2004

I am back...but leaving soon

It seems ages since I blogged last but believe me, it hardly appeared a day to me. Home is one place where I forget everything else, yes even the blog. I do not have much choice too. There is no PC at home and the nearest cyber cafe is about 5 kms into the city (5 kms is one hell of a long distance by Buxar standards). To add to all this, the storm that came a day prior to my arrival in Buxar uprooted some trees which conveniently fell on some electric poles and as a result, there is no power in this district for the past 5 days. Welcome to Buxar, my home town!

The journey home was broadly uneventful apart from the now-usual discussions about the latest cabinet at Delhi and our beloved Laloo's role in the same. In fact, one enterprising young guy on the adjacent berth was mouthing the possibilities of the diffrent sweepers/pantry workers actually being Laloo in disguise. The beautiful girl on the upper berth was quite interesting, too...especially when she used to ask me for help in opening the cabin door as she had a lot of stuff she was carrying in (she almost always had a lot of stuff whenever we reached a major station...mostly a couple of magazines and some biscuits and stuff). The train did not go all the way to Buxar and I had to change trains at Varanasi. Getting down in the Varanasi heat from the air conditioned compartment of an express train and getting into the general compartment of an inter-city passenger was nothing short of hell.

Two days at home and it was time for the 'Maa' of all stormy nights. It seemd as if it was a special way for the nature to greet me on my birthday with another violent storm. 9th June had hardly started and my parents and sister had just wished me Happy Birthday (with the help of the 12o'clock alarm that my sis had set on her mobile). All of a sudden, the bedding started flying from the terrace (which is our bedroom in the summers at Buxar, what with no electricity and an almost heavenly wind blowing in the night). We could hardly hold on to our stuff as the wind raged and bellowed with abandon. I know that it sounds melodramatic but that is the way it was, especially it being my birthday and all...

I guess that I do not have much more to write about since I have not been doing anything worthwhile at all for the past few days. I plan to go to Varanasi on the 15th (after we have celebrated my parents' anniversary on the 14th) to meet my newly born niece and later, I might go to Patna...only then will I be able to get in staeady and constant touch with the outside world but till then, sayonara...

No comments: