Mode C is as much for Calvin as it is for Chaos, as much for Cool as it is for Cold, as much for Class as it is for Crass.

Mode C is a way of life, the Calvin way of life which I am so fascinated by as to keep trying to make it my own way of life. But what exactly is Calvin's way of life, you ask...and I say that there are no clear answers to this one.

I strongly believe, however, that almost all the seriously critical fundamental concepts of life, they are just the bogies under Calvin's bed that he is afraid of. Everyhting else...Miss Wormwood, Susie, Mom and Dad, and of course above all, Hobbes...aren't they all merely the means that he uses to attack these bogies?

It is nothing, therefore, but the perspective of each of these players on the stage of Calvin's dramatic life that helps him fight these bogies and move on in his own unique way...listening to all but doing only what finally makes sense to his own individuality. This is what comes closest, I guess, to the Calvin way of leading one's life...

Wednesday, June 02, 2004

Moving out


I have literally been running from pillar to post since the morning. With the HR finally giving me the separation form, I am now supposed to take the autographs of all the department heads at Infosys, Chennai. They are supposed to swear by the undisputed (???) truth that I have no dues pending with their respective departments. I have already had a good start, with four out of six departments in my kitty. I still have another two days to get the thing done with.

Tomorrow, I have to meet Sangeetha, HR head of Chennai Center of Infosys for the exit interview. This is actually a good process if at all, some one bothers to look at what comes out of it. I know that my case is not a norm but more of an exception. Generally, people who leave the company are either disgruntled, complaining employees, or those who have been shown rosy dreams by other companies. In my humble opinion, if the company does take the complaints of the out-going employees seriously, it is in deed a good exercise in introspection. As for the dreamy eyed ones, Infosys can certainly take a lesson on how to retain employees and know for sure exactly what it is that an employee wants from the company. I remember having read in the autobiography of Jack Welch (GE's ex-boss) that GE had a policy of actually making the managers accountable if any A-category employee left GE's services. The emphasis that GE put, even if only, on their top performers is as refreshing now as unconventional it was at that time.

I, for one, have planned to raise a few issues with Sangeeetha tomorrow regarding my experience in Infosys and have even written about the same in the exit interview form. I don't know if it is going to be of any use at all but no harm in trying is what I believe.

I plan to see 'Hum Tum' only when I am back home. There are some good reports about the movie and they couldn't have ruined 'When Harry met Sally' much, even if they tried to. With Saif and Rani doing the honors, I expect the best...anyways, more on that from home

No comments: