Mode C is as much for Calvin as it is for Chaos, as much for Cool as it is for Cold, as much for Class as it is for Crass.

Mode C is a way of life, the Calvin way of life which I am so fascinated by as to keep trying to make it my own way of life. But what exactly is Calvin's way of life, you ask...and I say that there are no clear answers to this one.

I strongly believe, however, that almost all the seriously critical fundamental concepts of life, they are just the bogies under Calvin's bed that he is afraid of. Everyhting else...Miss Wormwood, Susie, Mom and Dad, and of course above all, Hobbes...aren't they all merely the means that he uses to attack these bogies?

It is nothing, therefore, but the perspective of each of these players on the stage of Calvin's dramatic life that helps him fight these bogies and move on in his own unique way...listening to all but doing only what finally makes sense to his own individuality. This is what comes closest, I guess, to the Calvin way of leading one's life...

Friday, December 30, 2011

The End-of-Year Post


As another year comes to a close, it is time for many to look back at what has gone by and for others, it is the occasion to plan and look ahead in time. I am not too sure where I stand. For me, memories are as important as the anticipation of what the future holds. While I do not have any misgivings on being able to change my fortunes too much through New Year resolutions, at the same time, I am not taken up by crying over spilt milk or taking my pom-poms out for whatever I may have been able to achieve in the past.

Having said all that and created the background, let me still go ahead and talk about some 5 things on what the year 2011 had been in my life first (for records, if not for anything else, you see :-)).
  1. I completed the first year in my 30's...wasn't so bad actually :-)
  2. Since Priya's marriage in December last year, I have stayed alone for more than a year now (the longest such tenure ever)
  3. I managed to finally close my education loan that I had been carrying along for more than 5 years now.
  4. The family did not keep too well as far as health is concerned, what with Papa breaking his leg yet again and Baba being taken for the worse.
  5. I set in process the efforts to find my "someone special"
And now that I have set the ball rolling anyway, let us get the crystal ball out and look at 5 things on what the coming year may look like (again for record, if not for anything else, you see :-))
  1. I am going to get a change in what I do for a living...the stagnation is too much to bear now.
  2. I do not intend to stay alone for any more time. I am going to ensure that parents have no choice this year but to move in with me.
  3. Without making any unrealistic promises to anyone (including myself), I shall be fit.
  4. I am going to make efforts to be more social this year...all long lost friends are going to get the shock of their lives when they find me banging their doors down once too often this year.
  5. "Someone special" shall find her rightful place in my life.

3 comments:

Pragya said...

hope ur 'shall's become 'have'/'am' :)..

Anonymous said...

Just an observation..."Someone special" is always at the end of your list..;)

Nitai said...

@Pragya: thanks
@Anon: that is between me and my "someone special"...aap kaun?