Mode C is as much for Calvin as it is for Chaos, as much for Cool as it is for Cold, as much for Class as it is for Crass.

Mode C is a way of life, the Calvin way of life which I am so fascinated by as to keep trying to make it my own way of life. But what exactly is Calvin's way of life, you ask...and I say that there are no clear answers to this one.

I strongly believe, however, that almost all the seriously critical fundamental concepts of life, they are just the bogies under Calvin's bed that he is afraid of. Everyhting else...Miss Wormwood, Susie, Mom and Dad, and of course above all, Hobbes...aren't they all merely the means that he uses to attack these bogies?

It is nothing, therefore, but the perspective of each of these players on the stage of Calvin's dramatic life that helps him fight these bogies and move on in his own unique way...listening to all but doing only what finally makes sense to his own individuality. This is what comes closest, I guess, to the Calvin way of leading one's life...

Monday, August 29, 2005

Not the boy next door

But you are the Grand fatherly voice of reason, they will listen to you. You just have to say it once.

What...fun event and take him along...umm, no yaar, not him. Somebody else who is more lively perhaps!

May be you just don't know when to have fun and when to be serious, and are taking even the fun instances seriously.

It is the songs that you listen to, all of them from a world that is past.

Look who's flirting, buddhe pe jawaani chaayi hai

Aap chal rahe hain...aap ke liye to yahi theek hai...aap kya karenge in sab cheezon ka...aap, aap, aap

All right, I am jaded, old, and without any spirits. I don't know how to be fun for myself or for others. I am the Big Daddy, the Grand Father who everybody looks up to but nobody looks at, as an equal with the same vulnerabilities and wishes as any other guy. All right, I am not the boy next door...the uncle next door, perhaps?

28 comments:

Ankit said...

See, it helps being a narcissist..You can easily blame others for not thinking the right way :))

Neway, it is always gud to hv people who look upto you. Baaki sab kis context mein hai , mujhe kuch pata nahi..

Nitai said...

It is not always good to have people look up at you...sometimes you want someone to take care of everything, even of yourself...

Ankit said...

Thats something that everyone of us feels at some point in our life.. Hope you have that 'smone special' in ur life soon..

Nitai said...

It is not about that someone special, alone (I have stopped believing in the concept) but it is more like your friends realizing that you, too are weak and giving you a shoulder to lean on instead of always expecting wise words and actions from you.

Sumit said...

Ok ok.. no more "aap"..!! and yeah.. flirtin ki koi age limit nahin hoti..

Better take some time out and watch "As good as it gets".. .. LOL..

indiageniE said...

ye sab kya hai? kyon hai? kaise hai?

Keshav said...

I very strongly support your feelings. One cannot be taken for granted all the time. Everyone goes thru phases in life where he/she looks upon others for support and care. Everyone deserves the right to be pampered once in a while.

Now come on.. I am pampering you buddy.. let's have something good from you. :)

Nadir said...

Whenever u feel bored u go out for a ride on ur bike. In the same manner, whenever u feel like u need pampering just behave like a kid (of course in front of ur friends) ................ Simple! :D Trust me, u'll be amazed at the responses u get. (I am telling this from experience both mine and others.)

Nadir said...

BTW, I think u already know that "aap" implies respect for a person. A teacher can address his student as "aap" and a parent can also address his child as "aap".

indiageniE said...

this nadir is very smart,

samjhe tum????

Nitai said...

I don't want the "respect", bickerings and banter from friends will do for me, thank you :)

Nadir said...

Ab line mein aaye!!! Chalo der se hi sahi :D

Nitai said...

line me aaye ka matlab?
I said that I do not want the "respect" that comes with aap.
I am happy with the banter and bickerings that come with tum.

Nadir said...

If u haven't noticed, tum to ban hi chuke ho. Ab aur kya chahiye :D

Nitai said...

sab dhokha hai...bas ek chalaawa. All of them use the 'tum' here and the 'aap' in reality.

Anyways, it is not about forcing the tum down the aap's throat, it's just that I was wondering about my image (physical, mental, enmotional) that naturally (?) instigates the "aap" :D

Amar said...

"aap" yeh kya sab likhte rehte hain :))))

Nadir said...

Nitai, "aap"ka naam kya hain? :D

Nitai said...

kutte kameene, main "aap" ka khoon pee jaoonga (imagine if Dharmendra had to use this dialogue in a movie starring me as the villain) :D :)) =))

Sumit said...

"aap" aise toa na the... kya ho gaya bhai?? :D

Pranay said...

Budda gharpe hai? :D
Image kya hai mere dost? aaj banti hai kal bhigadti hai.
babumoshai, yeh duniya 1 rangmanch hai aur hum katputli, uparwaala....
u get the drift right.
BTW would you like it if i looked down to you? respect is a manifestation of a persons stature not his age.

Nitai said...

koi ye bataayega ki maine aisa kaun sa teer maar liya hai zindagi me that differentiates me from others in the same age/peer group and because of which I get all the respect that you people have accumulated at such pains and are hell bent on me being the right candidate to disburse it to??? :))

Name said...

well, i guess the respect could be because of your hair...if u noe wat i mean...

Me said...

oops sorry, i forgot to leave my name in the previous post...but u must hve guessed hu i am so doesnt matter :))

Nitai said...

As far as I can guess, I think I know who you are and since "Don kabhi wrong nahi hota", I think I am right :)

Nadir said...

Soooo, finally "Me" the great Amitabh fan, 2nd only to (maybe?) Nitai, has left ... ahem.... almost a home-hitting comment ;)

Me said...

well, gud to see tht i u noe me so well...waise rishte mei to hum tumhare baap lagte hai...naam hai... "sab jaante hai"... ;)
right nadir?

Nadir said...

@ME: Right!!! ;)

Vikhyat said...

so much for talking about HR and motivation..hope it was just a straw and not a log...waise me thinks its better if u change it from "ModeC: The Other Perspective" to ModeC: The Clear Perspective" :D jus kidding ;)

btw, I have read the first page of the book u gave me...wait for my new series of sts msgs :))