Mode C is as much for Calvin as it is for Chaos, as much for Cool as it is for Cold, as much for Class as it is for Crass.

Mode C is a way of life, the Calvin way of life which I am so fascinated by as to keep trying to make it my own way of life. But what exactly is Calvin's way of life, you ask...and I say that there are no clear answers to this one.

I strongly believe, however, that almost all the seriously critical fundamental concepts of life, they are just the bogies under Calvin's bed that he is afraid of. Everyhting else...Miss Wormwood, Susie, Mom and Dad, and of course above all, Hobbes...aren't they all merely the means that he uses to attack these bogies?

It is nothing, therefore, but the perspective of each of these players on the stage of Calvin's dramatic life that helps him fight these bogies and move on in his own unique way...listening to all but doing only what finally makes sense to his own individuality. This is what comes closest, I guess, to the Calvin way of leading one's life...

Wednesday, August 10, 2005

Hmmm...

One of my friends writes,

Another problem with me, I want people to reciprocate things. And I move 5 steps backwards when some one doesnt. So be it, I am happy this way. If I take the first 2 steps, saamne wale ko bhi to mujhe kuch bhaav dena chahiye. And if they are caught in their own lives and dont feel I can do anything for them, why should I intrude ?

I agree, absolutely.

12 comments:

Ankit said...

I got the point.

Ankit said...

I got the point. But things may not be easy for the other person. He may want you to take another 2 steps b4 he reciprocates. What say ?

Nitai said...

yaar ye 2-2 steps karke it has become so many steps that I have lost count and now that I think of it, it is high time I did.

But again, may be you are right and there might be more to it than meets the eye...don't know, am confused :-(

Ankit said...

Its high time u did what?
I think it is something that is determined by how much the 2 individuals need each other. One says "To hell with .... " when he has other avenues/alternatives to look upto

Nitai said...

high time I lost count of the number of steps I have taken and started thinking of something else and stop worrying over something that perhaps does not require my worries.

No body is indispensable, dost!

Ankit said...

I agree. Absolutely.

indiageniE said...

stop counting and thinking. walk dammit.

Nitai said...

walk to theek hai lekin forward ya backward? ;-)

Ankit said...

If walking was so easy, things wud have been much simpler. Waise walk forwards. Peeche jaane ka kabhi koi faida nahi hota. Me too has walked fwd after the post.

Nitai said...

hmmm...walking forward is all right only if you don't start encroaching upon someone else's territory. You can only walk that forward and after that you either stop and wait for the other to walk forward or if you have waited enough, turn back.

Ankit said...

How abt moving fwd in a different direction. I read smwhere " Its easy to love those who are lovable but what abt those who need your love the most". May be its time to look for other things in life. Wat abt people in France ?

Nitai said...

hmmm...but it is difficult na, to do otherwise :-(