Mode C is as much for Calvin as it is for Chaos, as much for Cool as it is for Cold, as much for Class as it is for Crass.

Mode C is a way of life, the Calvin way of life which I am so fascinated by as to keep trying to make it my own way of life. But what exactly is Calvin's way of life, you ask...and I say that there are no clear answers to this one.

I strongly believe, however, that almost all the seriously critical fundamental concepts of life, they are just the bogies under Calvin's bed that he is afraid of. Everyhting else...Miss Wormwood, Susie, Mom and Dad, and of course above all, Hobbes...aren't they all merely the means that he uses to attack these bogies?

It is nothing, therefore, but the perspective of each of these players on the stage of Calvin's dramatic life that helps him fight these bogies and move on in his own unique way...listening to all but doing only what finally makes sense to his own individuality. This is what comes closest, I guess, to the Calvin way of leading one's life...

Wednesday, May 04, 2005

A long day at work

I have done it and I have done it right and proper this time. I was in office till 10 PM (yes, you read that right, it is PM) last night and no, I was not doing "something else"...I had been working. With the meetings, which were supposed to give me the final inputs for my presentations, delayed, I had no option but to wait for the post lunch session to get the data. Post lunch turned out to be quite post lunch and it was only by 5 that I had all relevant information with me.

Since the person from PwC UK is going to come today and in all probability, the presentation might happen today or tomorrow, it was imperative that I finish the presentation yesterday. With about a dozen slides to go and some heavy duty graphics and animation pending, I had a tough time and had to stretch myself to finish off the thing by 10 (after all, I couldn't have afforded any delays beyond this time...the PG shuts its doors at 10:30). Luckily, I was able to give a satisfactory final touch at just about time to get me a fast (really fast) auto to Karunamoyee (I just can't write it the way it is pronounced...it will test all my spelling skills).

As is evident, I missed my guitar lessons, missed my movie, and more than these, missed the book that I have been reading for the last few days. Yes Prime Minister is an excellent sequel to Yes Minister and although I am reading it for the nth time, it never fails to amuse me. Subtle humor, sarcastic at times, dry at others, even goofy at some...always keeps the reader clinging to his/her stomach.

I tried calling some of my friends yesterday but unfortunately, could not contact even a single one of them. Either they were all (all the four of them) switched off or not answering...don't know why it happens all the more when I really want to talk. I was all tired and actually weary after the day's work when I dialled these people to get a booster but alas!

4 comments:

Arundhoti said...

goodluck wid ur presentation.
I'll try out the pronunciation too: (ko-roo-na-mo-eee)
:-)

Nitai said...

thanks...waise, it seems to have got postponed for tomorrow.

I will never get to say it right :-(

Arundhoti said...

oh oh! i hate postponements!
anyways, see if that helps u in animating ur presentation a lil more.:-)
and never mind the pronunciation.i am sure there r better things to do in life.

Nitai said...

What...better things than trying to pronounce Ko-roo-na-mo-eee???

You are kidding, aren't you? :-))

And if I animate my presentation any further, it will be a very animated me coming out of the conference room :-)