Mode C is as much for Calvin as it is for Chaos, as much for Cool as it is for Cold, as much for Class as it is for Crass.

Mode C is a way of life, the Calvin way of life which I am so fascinated by as to keep trying to make it my own way of life. But what exactly is Calvin's way of life, you ask...and I say that there are no clear answers to this one.

I strongly believe, however, that almost all the seriously critical fundamental concepts of life, they are just the bogies under Calvin's bed that he is afraid of. Everyhting else...Miss Wormwood, Susie, Mom and Dad, and of course above all, Hobbes...aren't they all merely the means that he uses to attack these bogies?

It is nothing, therefore, but the perspective of each of these players on the stage of Calvin's dramatic life that helps him fight these bogies and move on in his own unique way...listening to all but doing only what finally makes sense to his own individuality. This is what comes closest, I guess, to the Calvin way of leading one's life...

Friday, May 20, 2005

The life and times of...

Since I do not have much to do anyways and since there is not much happening in my life either, I just thought that maybe I should do a little plagiarising (from I-don't-remember-which-blog) and use an idea that I have been "inspired" by. So here go the titles and first sentences of the first entry of the month for all the months that I have been blogging. Incidentally, this month also marks the completion of one year of blogging for me (I started off on May 3rd, 2004).

Once compiled, these do make for some interesting reading, at least for me :-)

May 2004 (the 3rd)

One long day

Another day passes with neither news nor immediate hope of the IIMK results.

June 2004 (the 1st)

Working for free

I have been working for free once again, and that too during my last few days at Infy.

July 2004 (the 7th)

Inside God's own country

Finally, I am in IIMK.

August 2004 (the 1st)

The tragic comedy

The play was a mess...
I must bow down to them, the play was a real torture...
Next time onwards, don't let these junkies come on stage without audition...
What a bore...
What have you made these juniors do...

September 2004 (the 1st)

Dahi vadai...garam samosa...masala dosai

I had promised...to serve masala in this post...and so be it.

October 2004 (the 3rd)

9 days and 1250 kms in God's own country

Day 1: 125 kms from Kozhikode to Thrissur
Day 1: 65 kms from Thrissur to Athirappally
Day 2: 70 kms from Athirappally to Kochi
Day 3: 60 kms from Kochi to Aleppey
Day 5: 120 kms from Aleppey to Thekkady
Day 6: 110 kms from Thekkady to Munnar
Day 9: 300 kms from Munnar to Kozhikode

380 kms in no-man's land

1250 kms of bliss in God's own country

November 2004 (the 9th)

Not Fair

There are times when happiness knows no bounds and yet there are others, when there is no limit to the tears that come to the eyes.

December 2004 (the 6th)

Of winning hearts and heartlessness

Life does seem to have taken a strange turn this term.

January 2005 (the 3rd)

Happy New Year!

Bombay, or Amchi Mumbai, as the locals call it lovingly and often with an awe-struck catch in their voice, is one of the cities that has its own memories for me.

February 2005 (the 1st)

Is it the end...or the beginning?

If they ever tell my story
Let them say
that I walked with giants
IIM Kozhikode
Backwaters 2005
i was there!

March 2005 (No post)


April 2005 (the 15th)

Getting a hold over my self

It has been four days since I joined PwC (as the HR guys requested, I must be careful how I write it, even if it is in the short form...in full, by the way, it is written as PricewaterhouseCoopers with only the P and the C in caps).

May 2005 (the 2nd)

Birthday celebrations and Patna eat-outs

It was really sweet of Shanu to have been waiting for me to cut his birthday cake.

5 comments:

Prashant Kumar said...

interesting reading, but i wonder the workload did finally get to u in the month of march... so, happy anniversary... woh puraani line yaad aati hai... aap jiyo hazaaro saal, saal mein din ho pachaas hazaar... (hey hey thts for ModeC)... one regret i wud always carry is having missed the heavenly bike ride across kerala... that was awesome maan...

Nitai said...

ModeC says thanks to you, Prashant for the wishes :-)
March was without posts not because of the workload...something else came up...
There will be many more bike rides this year and I am sure you will be able to be a part of them

Prashant Kumar said...

count me in for anything that involves two-wheels!!!!

Sumit said...

Looks like lotsa ppl are bitten by the biking.. bug. in IIMK>

Nitai said...

After looking at the photographs of your expeditions, who won't get bitten....grrrr