Mode C is as much for Calvin as it is for Chaos, as much for Cool as it is for Cold, as much for Class as it is for Crass.

Mode C is a way of life, the Calvin way of life which I am so fascinated by as to keep trying to make it my own way of life. But what exactly is Calvin's way of life, you ask...and I say that there are no clear answers to this one.

I strongly believe, however, that almost all the seriously critical fundamental concepts of life, they are just the bogies under Calvin's bed that he is afraid of. Everyhting else...Miss Wormwood, Susie, Mom and Dad, and of course above all, Hobbes...aren't they all merely the means that he uses to attack these bogies?

It is nothing, therefore, but the perspective of each of these players on the stage of Calvin's dramatic life that helps him fight these bogies and move on in his own unique way...listening to all but doing only what finally makes sense to his own individuality. This is what comes closest, I guess, to the Calvin way of leading one's life...

Tuesday, December 07, 2004

Appy B'day Peedee!!!

As always, I am late. As always, I am sure that you will forgive me. This one is to you, my dear sister. Happy Birthday, Priya! Reflecting back at the photographs of the two of us, sitting side by side on the numerous furnishings (we did not spare even one table, one sofa at home), I can still make out your chubby round face looking all swollen and puffy because I would have done some big-brotherly thing moments ago.

Despite being only one and a half years elder to you, you have always been the kiddo for me. Starting from caring for you when both of us were too little to realize the meaning of caring (all claims in this respect are as per what Maa keeps telling us) to having the say when we went to buy clothes and toys, I have always had the upper hand. Then again, you would get your own at me by taking away all that should have been mine :-))

The numerous tee-shirts that we have shared (when I was small enough to fit into them), the numerous fights we have had over aeroplanes and cars and Nana-Nani's affection are memories that shall be there for eternity. The plots that we made together, the throwing of stones at the neighbour's windows, the jamming of tumblers (the one that never got unstuck still adorns our kitchen :-)), the Holis, the Diwalis, the birthdays, the December Kirtans, and lately the understanding between us when we speak the same thing at the same time, as if each knows what goes on in the other's mind... unmatchable.

Despite all the distances and the supposed pursuit of careers between us, I am sure that today on your birthday, you would be remembering me the most, as I am missing you. Though the blog entry comes late because of no laptop (I haven't told you the story yet, just wait till we meet, it is fun :-)), I will certainly make it up to you once we do catch up.

No comments: