Mode C is as much for Calvin as it is for Chaos, as much for Cool as it is for Cold, as much for Class as it is for Crass.

Mode C is a way of life, the Calvin way of life which I am so fascinated by as to keep trying to make it my own way of life. But what exactly is Calvin's way of life, you ask...and I say that there are no clear answers to this one.

I strongly believe, however, that almost all the seriously critical fundamental concepts of life, they are just the bogies under Calvin's bed that he is afraid of. Everyhting else...Miss Wormwood, Susie, Mom and Dad, and of course above all, Hobbes...aren't they all merely the means that he uses to attack these bogies?

It is nothing, therefore, but the perspective of each of these players on the stage of Calvin's dramatic life that helps him fight these bogies and move on in his own unique way...listening to all but doing only what finally makes sense to his own individuality. This is what comes closest, I guess, to the Calvin way of leading one's life...

Thursday, July 29, 2004

Clearing the back log


I was thinking of doing this for a long time but is was only day before yesterday that I was finally able to go to NIT, Calicut. I must say that I was impressed by the buildings and infrastructure of NIT...I had not thought that they would be so good. The bike ride from IIM to NIT at one in the night was also pretty good...if you just discount the fact that I might not really venture alone on that creepy, dark and silent road at odd times (read one in the night). However, I was a little surpirsed that people from IIM take the pains of going all across the eight kms distance to NIT for the same things that they could have got in their canteen. It might be possible that we went to the wrong joint but what was available there was none the better or more compared to the maggis and parathas of the nite canteen at IIM. Anyways, this one was for the experience and that is that, I guess.

Another pending thing that was finally seen through was the presentation on Infosys. Last night, I actually came out with the complete presentation and though I wanted it to be more interactive but somehow, I lost out on the time management part. Compared to the numbers often reserved for a Konsult gathering, I think there was a decent gathering at the presentation ...hope my mail did that :-). I did receive complaints about the first few slides that had most of the data from the Infy web site and which I just ran through. Perhaps the slides was not required...or even if they were, perhaps the pace was not right...the reason I put all those slides in the first place was that the kind of impression that I could make of the general nature of rpesentations here at IIM is that they are generally data intensive. I admit that most of the times, the data is relevant but in my case, it might not have been so. I had just performed an experiment where I actually wanted to modify my style a bit...the experiment might have gone off mark...I am not sure.

The freshers party has been announced and we are going to have it this Saturday night at The Taj (you read it right, THE Taj). Lots of activities have begun in our batch and once again, it is the game of group dynamics that is coming to the forefront. Activities are being planned and teams made for the events. I think that the singing and the dancing is already finalised and the practice is going on. I am planning to get into the Mad Ad fillers and might even go for a skit. The previous idea of the skit, based on a modern version of the Ramayana epic was finally withdrawn...and wisely so...it has been done so many times already that people might even start throwing tomatoes and eggs. I do have some ideas...let's see if I can involve some people and actually do it...hardly any time left but the enthu is on...

No comments: