Mode C is as much for Calvin as it is for Chaos, as much for Cool as it is for Cold, as much for Class as it is for Crass.

Mode C is a way of life, the Calvin way of life which I am so fascinated by as to keep trying to make it my own way of life. But what exactly is Calvin's way of life, you ask...and I say that there are no clear answers to this one.

I strongly believe, however, that almost all the seriously critical fundamental concepts of life, they are just the bogies under Calvin's bed that he is afraid of. Everyhting else...Miss Wormwood, Susie, Mom and Dad, and of course above all, Hobbes...aren't they all merely the means that he uses to attack these bogies?

It is nothing, therefore, but the perspective of each of these players on the stage of Calvin's dramatic life that helps him fight these bogies and move on in his own unique way...listening to all but doing only what finally makes sense to his own individuality. This is what comes closest, I guess, to the Calvin way of leading one's life...

Monday, January 29, 2007

Tip tip barsa paani

Some good news to give you company, adding perfectly to bitter sweet memories of what could have been, a spot of bother about a dear friend and his life, complemented by drops of rain making a tingling sound on the car's bonnet, droplets condensing on the front windshield, joined with some soulful music playing at a loud volume...what else could one ask for? It has been quite some time since I bought my car but today was the first time that I was able to take it for a spin in the rain, and I simply loved it.

The heart was already gladdened by the news that Ranjana Didi is, for want of a better word, hitched. My would-be jeeju is a manager, working for CRY and does a host of other things (including writing some really nice prose) that supplement the ordinary and mundane affairs at work place. The engagement is real soon, as soon as the 5th of February, and the wedding is going to happen in frontier mail mode, as well. Most probably the third week of this month is going to see Ranjana Didi all set to enter a new life. She seems ready for it and I just hope that she makes the most of her new innings.

Also, from what I heard in the evening, Pallavi has finally managed to get her affair sorted out and that Abhishek and finally proved his commitment beyond doubt to Bua and Fufaji. What this means for Pallavi is, of course, respite from a world of worries and promise of her being able to finally achieve what she has been yearning for.

Amongst things other than the fact that the marriage keeda is fast (and rather scarily) crawling its way up to the family, things at work have not really been rolling smoothly. Holidays and promotional events, along with product sales targets do add to the pressure but are definitely no excuse for the relative underperformance that I and others of the so called IIM batch have managed so far. When will the patience run out, when will they finally realize that what they had been hoping for has not really paid off so far, at least not in the short term, seems to be anyone's guess.

For the next few days, I am going to be a little occupied with arranging for Ranjana Didi's engagement and even though that will not help my chances at work in the remotest of positive ways, it is still something I would love to do to the best of my ability and capacity.

2 comments:

Lekhi said...

Yeah, marriage keeda is crawling??(ye kuch jama nahi) no no..its running scarily fast!!! Keep wondering..... n guess what... aaj nilima mausi aayi thi.Aage jo likhne ja rahe hain use padh ke u'll want 2 kill me:0 but ismein I was not the culprit..ye sab tumhari moos ka kaam hai... ok lambi saans leke...142 km wali baat mausi ko pata chal gayi...I am sorry sorry sorry sorry.......please dont shout at me:(:(.Actually I told it to mummy(u know I am a goody mumma's daughter) and and I also told her 2 keep mumb but she disclosed it..I am really sorry sorry sorry....Aage se I promise I wont tell anything u write on this blog to anyone:( Again I'm really very very sorry.

Ravi said...

hmmmm interesting ....very interesting...bhagwan kare shaadi ka keeda aur tej daude aur tu bhi jaldi nipte