Mode C is as much for Calvin as it is for Chaos, as much for Cool as it is for Cold, as much for Class as it is for Crass.

Mode C is a way of life, the Calvin way of life which I am so fascinated by as to keep trying to make it my own way of life. But what exactly is Calvin's way of life, you ask...and I say that there are no clear answers to this one.

I strongly believe, however, that almost all the seriously critical fundamental concepts of life, they are just the bogies under Calvin's bed that he is afraid of. Everyhting else...Miss Wormwood, Susie, Mom and Dad, and of course above all, Hobbes...aren't they all merely the means that he uses to attack these bogies?

It is nothing, therefore, but the perspective of each of these players on the stage of Calvin's dramatic life that helps him fight these bogies and move on in his own unique way...listening to all but doing only what finally makes sense to his own individuality. This is what comes closest, I guess, to the Calvin way of leading one's life...

Thursday, November 24, 2005

Tag tag go away

Pranay tagged me on this one but he never even informed me of it. However, the jobless vella that I am, I went to his blog during my daily blog scan (all right, it is more like thrice or four times a week now) and saw that my name figured in golden letters on his latest post.

Under normal circumstances, I would have just ignored the damn thing but the comment that Pranay made about the probability of my having already done such a thing, set me thinking. And given the egoist, self-important fool that I am, it made absolute sense to go for a tag that wanted me to list down 20 random things about MYself. I thought, "here is the chance to impress all the girls who read my blog, let me just mention that I actually am the Indian Superman in disguise" but then, not many girls read my blog and of those who do, not many are THAT stupid and finally, I am not really interested, right now (why not, will be another story, which, incidentally, does not figure in the following list of 20).

  1. I am sentimental with the word spelt in capital, like S-E-N-T-I-M-E-N-T-A-L. I get touchy over small things and then make life hell for my self and friends.
  2. My mood swings need no rhyme nor reason. They come and go of their own free will and till date, I have not been able to figure out one single, unifying, substantial cause.
  3. I am really close to my family and good friends and ever since I saw death up close for the first time, some two years ago, I have realized how everything else pales away in comparison.
  4. Unlike earlier, when I could not sleep without my dose of reading, I no longer need any sleep-inducers and can fall asleep at the drop of a hat.
  5. I am pretty conscious about my physical appearance and tend to imagine more than others say or hint at, when it comes to the hair, fat, eyes, color, et al.
  6. I feel that I am good at a lot of things but not exceptional in anything. It is even reflected in my academic, professional, and personal life so far.
  7. Even though I am a right hander, I feel more in control through my left hand...use the left hand to balance and right hand for the job when I need to use one of my hands while riding a bike, cycle, etc.
  8. In addition to my moodiness, I suffer from pangs of introspection where I am even open to berating myself aloud for things I did or did not do.
  9. My toes are exceptionally long, compared to the other fingers, which is remarkable enough to be called an abnormality, in a doctor's words.
  10. Out of all experiences with the specimens of the opposite sex that I have come to interact with, I have had uncountable crushes, four infatuations (including one for a higher secondary teacher), and one experience of what I can only call love.
  11. As always, I still believe myself to be a romantic at heart but have grown into being absolutely cynical about falling in love, life-long relationships, made for each other stories and the like.
  12. I crave for society, banter, and gaiety and often go over board in trying to make the most of a social occasion.
  13. More often than not, I sleep with my mouth wide open, and body lying flat in the death posture, arms folded on the chest and no movement taking place at all.
  14. I tend to remember names but forget faces and as such, have been into many embarassing situations where people recognize me on the streets but I am unable to place them.
  15. In ranked order, my passions (I am passionate about a lot of things) would include event management, movies (read Hindi, read Amitabh), comics, friendship, women, sleeping, music, reading, and cooking.
  16. I tend to walk with my left hand quite close to the central rest position and the right arm making lot of to-and-fro movements about the shoulder pivot.
  17. I am absolutely unafraid of looking down from great heights but when it comes to looking up to something at a great height (like the top of a multistorey or just the star studded sky), I get the jitters and feel as if I will fall, even though I may be safely moored to the ground. I am also a bit claustrophobic.
  18. I am given to gadgets a lot. My future home has plasma screens in every room, GPS giving the current location of occupants (somewhat like the Weasleys' clock in Harry Potter), clap sensitive or even better, voice recognition switching mechanisms, automated cleaning and maintenance, and artificially intelligent support and security system.
  19. The single longest stretch I have gone without sleep has been for about 76 hours and I believe that I can do even more if I am sufficiently passionate (refer point 15) about something.
  20. I am a very good liar and it comes very easily to me, sometimes even without any pangs of regret. Unless I want to, the other person can never figure out that I am lying to him/her.

People who want to follow up on this tag can do so with pleasure. For others, you need to be thankful that I am not in one of my spiteful moods today :D

11 comments:

Mayank said...

well written, once again!

combining pts 15 & 19, u gone without sleep for 76 hours coz u were busy with: (lemme give you four choices)

a. women
b. woman
c. women
d. woman

(sleeping is ruled and so is cooking and reading. 25 movies in a row is no-no. same with friendship and comics. event mgmt.. backwaters..76 hrs ... u must be kidding :D)

Nitai said...

All I can say is ask you to refer to point 20 :D

Mayank said...

that option wasnt given. now the question is either point 19 is the truth or or not , as per the point 20.

i think i know the answer now :D

Pranay said...

Dumb and self centred. Me? Kya Nitai, Bhoolgaye woh din (n raat) when I build flash animations for Backwaters. Obviously u did :(. If i wanted to be mean I'd say ur an old desperate wannabe, just kidding :)). But seriously, do find some1 else to vent ur meanness next time. I really hate playin punchin bag to someone's frustruations ;).
Also wats wit the sentimentality n mood swings, lagta hai france mein muh kaala karke aayega :D.
-Pranay

Nitai said...

are baap re, bachcha to senti ho gaya...main to aise hi, wanted to start off with something funny...anyways, deleted the reference now (kaise bhool sakta hoon wo raat aur din?)

BTW, old theek hai, desperate bhi daudega lekin ye wannabe what???

Pranay said...

Baba,
Aapki dhoti dhoti, hamari dhoti rumaal. Hum bhi mazaak hi kar rahe the, yaar. BTW wannabe is a CB term to describe some1 who tries hard to be in. We just learnt it yesterday n hence the usage. Don worry, ur not a wannabe, more like a canbe :D. Dat ill explain later
- Pranay

Prashant Kumar said...

the Big Fight?? baba, bahut hi "sentimental" reading tha... but this death-defying incident!! wat was that??

Keshav said...

Higher secondary teacher!!!
Hmm... hmm... :)

Nitai said...

Pranay, refer to Point #1 :D
Prashant, refer to Point #1, has to be sentimental :D More on the death defying incident later :-)
Keshav, higher secondary, not secondary, so you won't know :D

Keshav said...

Hmm.. I was just wondering. Not refering to any crush you had in your secondary! Did I? ;-)

Prashant Kumar said...

@baba - i like it that way... ok, does this line sound copied?? so be it... but i mean it... that is, i like the post for the sentimental way it is written... me aint any different... :D